Position: Mechanical Engineer
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Scope of Role: The Mechanical Engineer position is responsible for generating mechanical electromechanical parts and design documents working from sketches, marked-up drawings, and/or vendor information provided by project engineers or senior designers.
- Responsible for using Autodesk Inventor to produce 3D solid models of electro-mechanical design assemblies and packaging of electronic equipment. Legacy System is AutoCAD 2D.
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Responsible for producing all detailed drawings and design documentation necessary to support fabrication and assembly of client’s mechanical designs.
- Develops detailed electromechanical parts for the newly developed parts library that is being converted from the legacy AutoCAD 2D bill of materials.
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components
- Interact with product development design and deploy new products.
- Identify and evaluate vendors to support product development, contact suppliers to gather cost efficient pricing solutions and ensure manufacture ability of new products.
- Support contract manufactures to confirm that client’s mechanical and graphic designs are manufactured and fabricated to specifications
- Mechanical equipment design from concept-development-final layouts-bills of material.
- Carry out engineering solutions and designs in compliance with engineering principals, company standards, customer requirements and project specifications
- Review and interpret mechanical specifications
- Develop concept sketches, design/layout of stations then review and present the design with others including customers.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Team player as well as leader
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Spirit of innovation to improve work procedures
- Practical approach
- Capable of providing plans for solving complex problems
BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in mechanical design and development
- Must have working knowledge and experience using Autodesk Product Design Suite
- Includes AutoCAD Inventor
- Must have working knowledge and experience using AutoCAD 2D.
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- Real world experience applying engineering principles
- Practical knowledge of engineering materials
- Fabrication experience
- Experience designing / modeling electro-mechanical devices
Attn: Human Resources Department
9787 Green Park Industrial Drive
St. Louis, MO, 63123 U.S.A.