Position: Electrical Engineer
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Scope of Role: Design and develop new products to maintain competitive and technological advantage over a group of products designed and manufactured by Bitrode.
- Design and develop new products and sustaining product platforms
- Experience in all phases of product developments: from concept to release
- Identify the engineering design of the customer’s application; design cost effective electrical configurations for the product.
- Determine parts electrical characteristics needed to build the product.
- Design/select electrical/electronic hardware for the product (microprocessor, pc boards, etc. Designs may be new or modifications to existing)
- Generate documentation package required to build the product (schematics, bill of materials, assembly drawings, and coversheets); provide ‘marked up’ drawings to electrical draftsmen to complete the detail drawings. Supervise completion of the documentation and manage the project.
- Write/update hardware manuals and specification sheets.
- Provide technical support to sales, engineering, inventory control, production, testing and management.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work with software group to assure correct development of firmware/software.
- May generate mechanical designs, as needed, to keep project moving.
- Evaluate new products and components with suppliers
- Research new circuit designs, material cost reductions, and electrical methods.
- Team player as well as leader
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Spirit of innovation to improve work procedures
- Practical approach
- Capable of providing plans for solving complex problems
Preferable MS in Electrical Engineering, but BS is acceptable with relevant experience
- Industrial Electronics Manufacturing
- Power Electronics
- AC/DC, DC/DC with SCRs, FETs, IGBTs
- Linear regulators
- Analog Electronics
- Digital electronics (DSP, PLD) including control firmware
- EMC and safety regulations
- Thermal Design & Packaging
- Schematic and PCB layout tools (OrCAD or similar)
- Circuit simulation (SPICE or similar)
- Modelling and Control Theory of electronic systems
- Assembly programming for TI DSP and microcontrollers, preferred
Attn: Human Resources Department
9787 Green Park Industrial Drive
St. Louis, MO, 63123 U.S.A.